WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OVERDRAFTS AND OVERDRAFT FEES
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway.
We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
1. We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
2. We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account or another checking account you have with us, which may be less costly than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
> What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions without your consent.
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
> What fees will I be charged if The Bank of Marion pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
• We will charge you a fee of $30.00 each time we pay an overdraft
• There is no limit per day on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account
> What if I want The Bank of Marion to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call (276) 783- 3116 or Toll Free 1-800-772-1807, complete the form below and present it at a branch or mail it to: P.O. Box 1067, Marion, VA 24354. You can revoke your authorization for The Bank of Marion to pay these overdrafts at any time by any of the above methods. Your revocation must include both your name and your account number so that we can properly identify your account.
______ I do not want The Bank of Marion to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions.
______ I want The Bank of Marion to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions.
Printed Name: _______________________________________________
Account Number: _____________________________________________
Please print to fill out form. Return to your local Bank of Marion branch.